Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wires, Wires, and More Wires




As you can see we have been spending quite a bit of time at hospitals lately. Finn was not too happy to have the first EEG done but by the second one later that day he was an old pro. The second one they glued the wires to his head and had a little tube that would blow air on the glue to help it dry. In between each wire they would let him put the tube in his armpit and make "moosing" sounds. Good thing he liked it cause it took about an hour just to get all the wires on.

Michael had to go in for an echo to see why he is tired all of the time. Fortunately, his heart checked out so he doesn't need to see the cardiologist for two more years.

For those of you who have wondered. Finn is mostly doing okay right now. Since his last EEG he has been on high doses of Vallium and is very naughty. We have had a month of craziness but luckily he goes in on Monday for an overnight EEG and we will see if it helped any. Then we can slowly take him off the medicine. I am looking forward to not getting nasty looks in the store when he is out of control, not going to preschool anymore (although he has a great teacher), not having my house trashed, not having to protect the tv because Finn is intent on breaking it, not having Esplan, Michael or Christian cry because Finn chucked something at them, not being able to do anything besides be glued to his side so he doesn't break something or hurt someone. Can you tell it has been rough?

We do have a wonderful ward though in that a lot of people have been praying and fasting for him. Our Bishop even said a special prayer for him in the temple. And then there are the wonderful people who do so much for us. I wish I could be as thoughtful as them. They just do things. You know how most people offer to help but you never really call them? Well there are some awesome people out there. Like my friend Candace who comes over when we call 911 even if she is not on duty. Or how last time when she was on duty came home after she got back with the ambulance and shampooed our carpet since Finn threw up all over it. Or my aunt Jeanne who baked us an apple pie on a particulary hard day when Nate was out of town. Or Finn's teacher Melanie who has done so much for us I can hardly even count it all. Wednesday, she even took him all day to give us a break and then brought us dinner. Not only that, she is a great teacher and is so patient and nice to even let me bring Finn to school.

I think I have learned a lot from all of this and it definately makes me want to be a better person. I want to be the one that goes out of my way to help someone. There are so many great people out there, so thanks to everyone and hopefully I can find someone each day to help out even in a small way.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Can't wait to see all your pictures and all that you have to put up!

Shelley said...

Kristy! I'm so proud of you!!!! I have loved reading your blog this afternoon! I too am grateful you are surrounded by such wonderful people. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted. I'm sure Seth will be excited to see that Christian has a blog of his very own. Seth will prob. beg for one now too....so be on the lookout. What a fun way to stay in touch.

Gifford Family said...

Kristy, You are so strong! I can't believe all that you have been through lately. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help (really you can ask!) I am so excited that you and Christian now have blogs. I love keeping up to date with all the family.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see that everything is going okay. Please let us know what we can do for you as well. We need to all get together more often. I didn't know things had been so crazy. Even just a night of watching your boys, my girls would love to rough it with the boys and Tristan loves to play with Finn and Esplan.