Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scared to death...

I have now found that is possible to be scared to death and excited about something at the same time. Two months ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you even thought about me doing a triathalon. Wanda, I still think you are crazy for doing marathons:). I honestly can't believe I am doing it yet I am pretty excited. Last night was our first training for the swim and we did just over 1/4 mile. Granted this was stopping to take breaths each length of the pool. We found out we need to do 22 lengths and we did 12. I don't know if that makes me feel better or not. We swam pretty far but we have so much more to go. Brandy and Reiko are training with me and hopefully we can get a few more to join us to keep up the momentum. So if any of you are interested in joining we are doing Iron Girl Las Vegas in May. It is a .5 mile swim, 10 mile bike and 5K. If any of you have great swimming tips they would be appreciated. I am not too worried about the biking or running. If only Don and Linda's pool were open.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Wow! After about one mile on the treadmill I am wasted so don't ever count on me joining in ;-)
Good luck!

Gifford Family said...

Good luck with this! I am so out of shape! I need to get going on some excercise routine.

Karli said...

I'm training for my first half marathon and I am scared to death of that! Thanks for visiting my blog!